Welcome to the Biopolymers Facility
Single Cell & Other 10X Applications
Illumina NextSeq 500 Sequencing
NGS Automated Library Prep
Illumina MiSeq Sequencing
Illumina Next-Gen Sequencing
DNA & RNA Analysis
Reagents & Supplies
DNA & RNA Prep
The Biopolymers Facility
Harvard closing for Winter Recess
Harvard Medical School and BPF will be closed from 5:00 PM on Friday, Dec. 21st until Wednesday 9:00 AM, Jan. 2nd. Please see below for relevant deadlines in order to receive your data / products before winter recess begins:
- Bioanalyzer / TapeStation: Thursday, Dec. 20th at 5:00 PM is the last day to submit samples for guaranteed turn-around before the break.
- Next-Gen Sequencing (HiSeq / NextSeq / MiSeq): Please submit all NextGen QC samples by Thursday, Dec. 13th at 5:00 PM. The last qPCR QC run before the break will occur on Wednesday, Dec. 19th in the morning, if your sample is submitted by the above deadline. Otherwise, we will continue processing your samples following the break.
- Oligos: We will not be delivering Oligos from IDT during break. Our last delivery will be Friday, Dec. 21st. We will resume delivery on Thursday, Jan. 3rd.
The deadline for Same Day (expedited) orders for delivery on Dec. 21st is Dec. 20th, no later than 3:00 pm.
Orders received by IDT over the break will be synthesized but not shipped until January 2nd for delivery on January 3rd. IDT will not ship BPF oligos during the close so you cannot obtain them from the mailroom. You would need to order direct, outside the BPF portal, should you need oligos during the break. Please plan your orders accordingly!
- Reagents and Supplies: The last day the stockroom will be open prior to break is Friday, December 21st from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM and it will re-open on Wednesday, Jan 2nd at 9:00am.
- Sanger Sequencing: Friday, Dec. 21st by 9:00 AM is the deadline for guaranteed turn-around before the holiday break. Samples received after this time will remain in the drop off freezer until Wednesday, January 2nd.
Thank you and Happy Holidays!
Department of Genetics
77 Ave. Louis Pasteur
NRB Room 0088
Boston, MA 02115
Directions to the BPF
Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.